I just received a status report, and there is a creditor listed that was discharged in my prior Chapter 7 case. Will the Trustee continue to pay this claim?

Yes. Contact your attorney to assist you in dealing with the claim. Unless the claim is withdrawn by the creditor or disallowed by the judge, the Trustee has no choice but to pay the claim. Calling or writing to the Trustee has no effect: either (1) the creditor must amend or withdraw its claim, or (2) the judge must order that the claim be disallowed.

Category: Claims